March 12, 2012

Studies, Translations and more studying...

Journal Entry # 16
03/12/2012



Hi again journal!

After getting hyped and uber excited about doing the actual pages, one important detail escaped my mind... Translations. *facepalm* You see, ever since I did CP, I did the script in English, because it was intended to be in English (Until one of my friends suggested that it would be nicer in Filipino, and I followed her advice for the actual comic). So my usual pre-production routine would be: Do manuscripts, do initial studies (visualization), do layout studies with translations then do final pencils... And I forgot I had to re-do the layouts of the rough drafts, and it was meant to be reworked later on with the translations and dialogue edits. So, I'm still working on that... =_=... But I also worked on a cover study (for Vol. 4...partially covered in the pic) and I'm also excited to do that. :3


Alongside admin duties on the indie komiks related pages (PZ, CP, 100 AnK, IKM), I also need to do a few other things to help promote our own titles. Flipgeeks was so gracious to offer indie artists to promote on the site...and this again escaped me (despite the sticky notes), and again forgot to submit the preview pages of Kanto Inc. (and do the Wiki page for it)...I'm getting forgetful ARGH~! =_=;


We also attended a family reunion at hubby's parent's house. I took the chance to look for a new comic reference. Some of our manga collection was left there, so I checked for some useful ones. After browsing the pages, I had this urge to study the inking and toning techniques used for one particular title and maybe adapt it (though the art style is totally different from mine). It also made me re-think the shading techiques I'm gonna use for Vol. 4, just to achieve the look I need for it. Looks like I'm gonna experiment this time... let's hope I can pull it off...

That's it for now... :)


-- Joanah Tinio-Calingo, Writer and artist for Point Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment