March 25, 2012

Art is Sweet

Journal Entry # 22
03/25/12


Hallo Mi Journal
I am super duper excited!!! Summer Komikon 2012 is coming up and I was able to make it to the indie list... So I was able to finish the script for DRAGON KID ISSUE 5, and now starting to work on the pages. I tell you, for me writing and drawing a story is two very different things for me. I always seem to manage to tell a story better through drawing better than writing it. I guess that is one of the things I love most about making komiks.. So far I was able to make a few pages already, and with luck I'll be able to finish the issue by the first week of April.


Another I like about drawing is that you get to learn new things as as you continue this. For me, I've learned to make Komiks in a step by step process.... sometimes I try a new inking technique or maybe a new art style in the process.... I like to say as I finished these new pages of my artwork, I can see my style is improving bit by bit.







Chibiheart has been supporting me as I work on my pages, though I think it is anticipating the desserts we have during our breaks hehehe.

Till next entry, ciao ciao for now :3


- Lady Storykeeper
Creator of DRAGON KID, REALM OF DREAMS, & ONE FLOOR UP
Artist Collaborator of ODDFELLOWS for Incubator Press

No comments:

Post a Comment