March 28, 2012

"Heartstring Pizzicato"

Journal Entry # 23
03/28/12


(Entry #3 for "Callous Comics")

At last! Things are in motion!

Hooray! It looks like I made it to the Indie Komiks Tiangge of Summer Komikon 2012! Unfortunately, that also means that I have that much more pressure to finish my book and get it to the presses. The layout of "Callous Comics - On Lighter Dreams" is pretty much done. Which means I at least have the number of pages so I sent the book details to my favored printing press and I'm waiting for their quote. I'm hoping that I'll get a good enough price to switch to glossy paper but if not, book paper is fine. All I want to do right now is figure out a price for the book so that I can announce it. There's still work to be done, of course, for there are several additional panels added... many of which I still have to draw.


"Callous Comics" is thankfully still ongoing. I can at least produce a comic strip once a week though I expect an increasing frequency in coming days. Could I go back to my Monday-to-Sunday routine sooner than later? Time will tell! Nevertheless, I'm once again doing a storyline, though this time far from the uber-fantastic ala "The Land of the Guardians" and "On Lighter Dreams". The current tale, "Regret", has Rianne sorting out the unfinished business of a patient that passed away. Heartstring pizzicato is not my usual writing comfort zone... which is all the more reason I went with it! Immediately after "Regret" I have another storyline planned. I'm hoping to coordinate with a guest artist and co-writer for that one. Then I'll be back to doing gag-a-days.

As for "M.O.U.S.E.", I'm happy to say that the artist, Pilar, is already working on the first pages!

Until my next entry, have a great day, everyone!


- Carlo Jose San Juan, MD - creator, writer, and illustrator of "Callous"; Creator and writer of "M.O.U.S.E."

No comments:

Post a Comment