March 23, 2012

Tiger Interrupted

Journal Entry # 21
March 23, 2012


Hello!

It has been a really busy week for me! The current schedule interrupts my current planned schedule. From deadlines to meetings and back to deadlines again. I appreciate all of these though! It’s sad that I failed to register on time during the opening of booth registration for Komikon Summer. Thus, I’m planning to release Private I Café 2nd issue and it’s concluding 3rd issue will be released on November. I hope I won’t miss the registration again. Haha! Everything about Private I Café was already planned last year. The sketches, the cover study, the thumbnails and the conclusion were all just waiting for final execution. As of now, I can only reveal this cover teaser. ;)


Couple of days ago, I got few mails from Tigray readers. It’s inspiring how they express that the want the continuation. As of now, I’m still doing it on my free time (which I hardly have any, to be honest. XD). I won’t promise anything yet. However, let me show you a scene that I worked on for Tigray.



D.Ice is still doing great and I must admit that the huge part of my time goes to this project. I can say that I spend most of formulating Philippine related cases. It’s pretty hard to write about murders. As much as I’m trying not to get affected with what I write, I cannot avoid absorbing parts of it though. Watching local news and reading newspapers are added to my routine. You know, unexpected inspiration might just come from the news itself. Luzviminda, my muse, has been under hiatus since March 1, 2012. Perhaps, you can figure out why already. After I’m done with Private I Café and some commissioned works, I can say that I can focus on Luzviminda project again. I want the first issue to be my personal gift for my mom.


Signing off!

Ray Magbanua, creator of Detective Ice, Private I Café and Tigray (Revel Circle group)

1 comment:

  1. Ray! Si LUZVIMINDA pangalan ng Mayor namin noon! Oh yeah~ XD

    ReplyDelete