April 30, 2012

Hoping my hand won't go on strike...

Journal Entry #35
04/30/12




Hi again Journal!

It's almost May.  Four weeks to go before Summer Komikon (on May 28th).  It may seem far away, but for a comic creator who's going to release on the said event, it's VERY CLOSE.  I'm not exactly a person who can manage her time properly on hot days.  Normally I would work at night when it's cooler.  But right now, I have to maximize my time for the comic related projects.


Yesterday,  I worked on collating my books (Cresci Prophecies).  Collating is pretty easy, but very tiring. And you have to move a lot, which isn't good when it's around 34-35 degrees inside your house.  And some of the signatures got mixed up.  Mixing up signatures is a nightmare when collating several sets of chapters that look almost identical.  It gets really confusing, and mix ups after binding isn't something any creator (working on DIY graphic novels) would want to happen. Here you see in the pics, are the sets (that's just for one book, by the way).  I use a squeegee to make fast and flat folds.  I'd have to bring around 11 sets to the binders this week, along with getting new glasses.  Yes, I'm gonna wear glasses soon...




Weeks ago, we got invited to participate in an art exhibit, but this time in a gallery where we can sell our works.  Our previous exhibits were held by museums, so this is the first time we can actually sell what they see.  Getting in is quite tough.  We were briefed on how galleries work, and I can really feel the pressure.  This is what I was mentioning in my previous post.  So after getting a confirmation, the next few weeks will be focused on the Komikon selling copies and the pieces for the said exhibit (which will be open to the public on June 8th).  The scraggly drawing in the pic is the study for the big piece, and it will be in that size when it's done.  My hand's gonna protest again...hopefully it won't go on strike in the middle of production...



--Joanah T.C., writer and artist for Point Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment