April 23, 2012

So it begins...

Journal Entry #32
04/23/2012





Hi Journal!

It's the last week of April, and that means it's time for me to have my books done.  It takes 2 weeks (for me) to finish a copy of CP, since I can only make 2 trips during weekdays.  It takes around 3 days to be bound in the shop, so I get the books the following week, and bring along new materials to be made to save up on travelling fare. I had the Vol. 3 content done last month, but I needed to fix a few things before I can bring them to the binding shop.  I'll be working on Vol. 4 pages with an erratic schedule...oh well.



Along with the books, I'm also making copies of Kanto Inc. #1 pages (issue 1 had the lowest print run).  The last time we had the first issue done, there were a lot of rejected signatures because of faulty photocopy machines.  Our wallets took a blow, of course, and now we need more issue 1s to make up for the sales of 2 and 3. Tonight, I'll be collating the sets to find out how many signatures needs re-printing.  If you're wondering about Issue 4, we're still not sure if we can release it by Summer Komikon.  It all depends on our artist, so we'll keep our fingers crossed...


Aside from Komikon, there's another mini event I'm preparing for (provided I can really join).  I spent my free days testing Masterboard for another piece I'll be working on in the next few days.  It took me a while to finish since the weather has been really hot (the room kinda acts like a furnace without the window), and I can't concentrate.  I'm really hoping the actual piece I need to work on would turn out to be good (as in really good, I need to get accepted so it can be sold... :P). We also got invited to teach the art of comic making last saturday, in an international school. The attendees were composed of students coming from different countries.  I was teaching with with Melvin Calingo, Sherry Baet-Zamar, Jon Zamar, and Ariel Atienza.  I hope they learned a lot from us.  ^_^



I'm pretty sure the coming weeks will be full of last minute preparations for the Summer Komikon... @_@;



--Joanah T.C., writer and artist for Point Zero.


No comments:

Post a Comment