April 20, 2012

Handling Rights and Protection!

Journal Entry # 31
April 20, 2012

Hello Journal! These past weeks has been like unreal to me. Let me start with protecting my original characters and works! Raytopia is now the registered trademark on which I can protect all my projects for this year. Raytopia handles all the rights for my few projects and stands as a label house for all my projects, commissioned projects and joint projects.



I am still is on the works for Private I Café. So far, here are the scenes I finished so far. I kind of got that problem with tone execution. To be honest, I haven’t been using my Manga Studio program. With my schedule, it's complicated to allot a time on studying another program. If I get familiar with it, I might buy the license so that I can protect Private I Café if ever I use the program for the title.


D.Ice debuted under Oh-No! Manga last April 15, 2012. Dream come true! Last year, I was planning to turn this title into an indie but it got delayed because I got troubles in claiming my rights for my projects for a Japanese group. This is also one of the reasons why I had register Raytopia. I suggest other creators to fully protect their project by copyrighting it or self copyrighting their works. Also, if you are dealing with commissions, you must specify about your rights before signing any contract. It will save you and your work from a lot of work and future troubles! As of now, Oh-No! Manga handles the publishing rights of D.Ice.


Signing off!

Ray Magbanua, creator of Detective Ice, Private I Café and Tigray (Revel Circle group)


No comments:

Post a Comment