February 05, 2012

first scribble...

Journal Entry # 1
02/02/12

FIRST! Hello "Buhay Indie"! Now let's get into comic making!




My life as a comic creator is busier than ever. I'm producing daily comic strips as usual for "Callous" and writing the upcoming comic, "M.O.U.S.E.", all while in the middle of a move to a different house. The para-artist work online has been more tedious lately and I'm finding it hard to be as "social" as I usually am on social media. Fortunately, my cartooning setup has always been quite mobile so I'm able to work on "Callous" whenever I can. I do miss my drafting table and my work chair but ob la di ob la da, life goes on...

I've also begun finalizing the layout for the next Callous Comics compilation, this time of the "On Lighter Dreams" storyline. There's a lot of additional artwork to produce for the book in the effort to make a smoother reading experience. It's going to be tough to squeeze in the work for the book in time to get it to the printing press for Summer Komikon, but I'm sure it can be done.

Until the next update! I promise to be a bit more detailed in my next post! :)


-- Carlo Jose San Juan, MD
creator, writer, and illustrator of "Callous". Creator and writer of "M.O.U.S.E."



1 comment:

  1. Kayang-kaya yan, doc!!! Hoping to see your works sa Summer Komikon!!! God bless and More Power jan!!!

    ReplyDelete