February 07, 2012

Scratchy 2nd

Journal Entry #2
02/07/12


Hello journal!

I've been nursing a swollen finger on my drawing hand. It shoots a bit of pain from time to time. Fortunately, it feels a bit better now, since I can hold my mech pencil again. I was finally able to work on studies for Cresci Prophecies: Arcen's last chapter. YAY! I'm expecting the next book to be a little difficult, since I have to do chapters 25-28 from scratch (with studies of course...but still around 120 pages long). Looking at the first page of chapter 25 was a bitter reminder of Ondoy (See the brown stains?). Good thing I was able to save the studies and use it for volume 4! ^o^

I gained my momentum this afternoon and finished 7 pages worth of studies (rough drafts/layouts), slashing my way through the manuscript. I missed doing that. It feels good to be able to work on CP again, after working on Curtains for Hire #2 last year. I'm really excited! Hopefully I can juggle my time between CP #4, Kanto Inc. #4's script (still waiting for hubby's outline), house chores, and a potential commission work. I really want to start doing the pencils and plans for Vol. 4 ...

I wonder if I can squeeze in a few plushies or hats? Wish me luck! *Goes to work*


-- Joanah Tinio-Calingo
Artist/writer for Cresci Prophecies & Curtains for Hire, writer for Kanto Inc., Point Zero


No comments:

Post a Comment