February 08, 2012

Unshakeable

Journal Entry #3
02/08/12



I just started my journey as a komik creator. Matagal na sana…but there are things in life that really comes between you and your passion…kaya medyo delayed. These days, mahirap. I have two events coming up (regular job) and (5) collaborations with illustrators. Ang isa, malapit nang matapos….the (4) others…well…nakasampay pa sa sampayan. One of the 4 that are not yet near printing is “VLAD.” I wrote the script and at the same time did the illustrations on this piece. It was a spur of the moment idea actually when Jay Wong was visiting my place. We were talking about Komikon and how exciting it was last November 2011. Antagal mawala ng EXCITEMENT namin, noh? For us, sobrang ganda ng experience namin doon kasi we don’t have that here in Bacolod. Kaya grabe ang AFTERSHOCK namin.


Speaking of aftershocks, yesterday lumindol dito sa amin. Mabuti na lang, di masyado dito sa Negros Occidental. The sad part is...grabe ang effect sa Oriental. Several papers/ folders on my work station fell nang lumindol. Surprisingly, parang hindi ako that affected. I experienced earthquake sa Manila when I was still working there kasi. So it didn’t SHOCK me like it did sa nanay ko na biglang sumigaw…hahaha… Despite the busy days of being a normal person, natural disasters at marami pang ibang elements…it is indeed the enthusiasm that was shared to us through komikon 2011 that keeps us moving. I bet everyone these days are really busy with their manuscripts and their sketches. God bless sa atin! See you this summer!


-- Vivi Villegas (writer) | Until That Day (writer) Rook of the Rats (writer) | (Group) Ice Cream Indie

No comments:

Post a Comment