May 28, 2012

Pretty Good Hangover

Journal Entry #46
05/28/2012




Hey Journal!


I think I have a hangover right now and left my brain at the Summer Komikon event, while staring at Tepai's cake saying "Go on without me..." (more on that later).  Honestly speaking, hindi ko pa naliligpit yung stock namin na galing sa Komikon.  It's still in the living room, waiting to be sorted properly in boxes (I'll do that a bit later).  I'm still a bit sleepy, since we still left for our usual sunday "lakad" and groceries, and still low bat from weeks of non-stop work.

Last saturday, was Summer Komikon, and was up around 5AM so we can leave the house at around 7AM.  We arrived via taxi around 8AM and everybody's still setting up booths.  We ate early breakfast, so an hour before the opening, I was a little dizzy, lacking sleep and almost hungry.  Unfortunately, I was dizzy the whole morning, but of course I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled the whole day.



My POV shot of Hubby (working on Pasig2 #2)  and Michael David.





The venue filled up pretty quickly.  I met a lot of IKM peeps at the booth! ^_^  It was nice seeing them again (too many to mention), and nice meeting new faces (also from IKM) too!  I was with hubby, Michael David, Jon Zamar, JM/Kilayman (our artist for Kanto Inc.) Mark and Mai. Sid, one of the artists for Zombinoy and also college schoolmate was also there with us. ^_^  We had nothing new to sell, but we did promise we'd be releasing Kanto Inc. #4 next Komikon.  There were so many people!  Sales were okay, and we saw famous people on stage. :P  It was really fun!  Last night, I got a good feedback from a new reader of CFH, and that put a big smile on my face.  Yes!  Another happy customer!  XD  I had a limited budget for indies this time, but still went over. I have very little time to go around and buy stuff, and I missed a lot of titles.  Still a happy day!  KOMIKON organizers, PZ loves yous! ^3^



A couple of last minute hauls.  The drawing was an art trade with Ray for his chibi cover request last year.  Thanks Ray!  ^_^v


Still, looking at my haul, I have lots to read. 


We left right after the event, (Judd gave us a free ride home, yay!) so hubby and I missed Tepai's nummy cake... ;_;.  I caught my fellow IKM peeps partying to the music!  I'll probably make another round of bullet reviews on DA later in June, after the madness of the next event is over.  Nope, the madness isn't over yet.  We still have another event this June 8th! Comics Arthology is 2 weeks away!  And I still have 2 14"x14" spaces to fill with graphite!  @_@  Oh God give me strength!  I'll be working on that after typing this journal...




Anyway, this is my next challenge...




*goes back to work*



--joanah t.c., writer and artist for Point Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment