May 23, 2012

Last minute preps...

Journal entry #43
05/22/2012




Hi again journal!

It's just a few days before KOMIKON!  I kinda lack sleep.  Not because I have anything new to release on saturday, but we do have a lot to sell and I have to get the copies ready for the event. Yesterdey, I stapled the fresh copies of CFH and Kanto Inc. #1.  We realized we only had a few copies of Kanto Inc,, but since issue 1 had so many waste copies on the first run, we decided not to invest on more than a few new copies.


While I was busy sewing the bookmarks for CP vol. 3, I was also listening to the impeachment trial on TV to keep me awake.  I almost forgot that I had to make more bookmarks (for all 3 volumes), so I crammed and printed and laminated the bookmarks.  And since I'm going to do my laundry early this week (to give me enough energy and time to prepare on Friday), I had to finish covering my books, which usually takes me a whole day to finish.  Good thing I prepped the plastic covers and the colored jacket yesterday.  But the cover-fitting job still took several hours to do.  But it's all covered now.  I'm now hoping for good sales.  ^_^





If you're wondering what the mango leaf was for, it keeps the sealer from burning a hole into the plastic during the sealing process...



I also finished doing the big piece for Comics Arthology.  YEah!  But I have to do a couple more (smaller), and the size will not make it any easier for me to finish early.  So, I'll have to go back to work again after Komikon.  I'll get back to you after the event.  ^.^




--joanah t.c., writer and illustrator for Point Zero


No comments:

Post a Comment