May 08, 2012

FCBD hang-out

Journal entry #39
05/07/2012



Last saturday was Free Comic Book Day.  It was also the day for the sketch drive (for Tony de Zuniga), both held in Comic Odyssey and Comicx Hub.  There was a nasty traffic on our way to the venue.  There was a really long line of people when we got there. We dropped by the the guest artists table where most of the IKM people are, ready to sketch for the day.  I got a copy of SSM's Almanac of events for 2011.  It was really nice, since all of the dates were there.  I'm  glad I got a copy of it.  ^u^


We left for lunch, and headed for Comicx Hub (Shaw), where the other artists are. I'm also excited to get a copy of ComiXHub's free comic KOMIKS All-Star (which includes a one-page teaser of CP).  It's the first time I saw my page printed.  ^.^ Hubby and I chatted with  Ariel Atienza, Lady Story Keeper, Ernest Fiestan, Doc Carlo Jose San Juan, Gio Paredes, Kit Perez (of GTMACC), Ernest Caritativo, Andrew Villar, Carlo Vergara and Heubert Khan Michael (not in the pic).  We talked about things comic related: CarVer's plans for Zsa Zsa Zatturnnah, showbiz, a certain cartoon, FB profile pics, Avengers spoiler rants, comic compilation how-to's, I Juander feature shoot, cosplays and maybe an IKM get together...  It was nice! I also scored a copy of FCBD KOMIKS (by Comic Odyssey). Thanks Andrew!  And thanks to Sir Lawrence of Comicx Hub for accommodating us!   ^_^




It was a tiring day.  I didn't get to sketch, but it seems the sketch drive was a success! I'm gonna focus on the selling copies for Komikon and the Comics Arthology exhibit (we're sending out teasers).  The weather's a bit cooler now, and I can work better.  And I'm hoping the binders took care of my books... I was a little worried when I dropped them off... ^_^; I'll be picking them up tomorrow (11 books Huuurrrr!)  Oh, and those glasses, I'm gonna have to start wearing them... O-O






-- Joanah T.C., writer and artist under Point Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment