May 07, 2012

FCBD for Mang Tony

Journal Entry # 38
05/07/12




Free Comic Book Day rocked the body that rocks the party. This year's FCBD was extra special because our local comic shops Comic Odyssey and Comic X Hub arranged to have a sketch drive and silent auction for the benefit of the recovering Tony de Zuniga. For those not aware, Mang Tony is the co-creator of the Western anti-hero Jonah Hex and was instrumental in bringing local masters like Nestor Redondo, Alex NiƱo, and Alfredo Alcala to DC during the seventies.

Hats off to the powerhouse row of artists, both indie and pro, who sketched for the benefit of Mang Tony. Saludo to our good friends at QBCCC, who donated all their sales, and Silent Sanctum Manga, whose auctioned items fetched a pretty penny for the cause. Although I wasn't officially part of the event or the FCBD Komik, I was able to include an art piece in the silent auction. Thank the Lord God in heaven, a good man bid on it, successfully allowing me to do my part for Mang Tony and granting me some good karma. Pictures HERE.

As for our comic Team Tag Team / Drop Dead Dangerous, production is on hold. On my side, I just got a new job that requires me to draw all day (oh, the torture) and on DDD's side, well, I won't speak for those imbeciles (a joke, of course). We'll still be at Komikon though, selling issues 1 and 2, and a fun little collaboration that we're cooking up. Hopefully our friendly and talented contributors don't forget about us (Hint Hint. Wink Nudge!). I'm in line for some good karma to boomerang on me. Until then, Komrades-in-Komiks!

By the way, anyone got an FCBD Mouse Guard HC they can sell me? I'm serious. PM me :)

- Benj Bartolome (creator - Team Tag Team)
tumblr
DDD on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment