May 29, 2012

MEGANON sa SUMMER KOMIKON!

Journal Entry #47
05/28/12



(JE #5)


Hola Chika Journal~!

Well, what can I say about KOMIKON? It's fun, It's exciting and it's star studded! Akalain mo? Nandun si Mark Millar! 8D

Anyway, before all that, let me tell you our side story of Summer Komikon. We arrived at the Bayanihan Center at aroung 9:30 am. Set up our comics and tarp and posters while waited for LUNAROCK members to go to our booth. They were to share our booth that day.

I wore my blonde wig that day because I promised RH Quilantang that I'll accompany his blondeness on SUMMER KOMIKON. It turned out that there were many people who died their blonde and they were there in the event. Oh well, I still enjoyed it even though it was freaking hot. XD


The event was jam packed. I didn't expect it to be that packed but boy, it was packed. PAK! PAK na PAK! XD Hahahaha. Some time in the afternoon, Mel Casipit told me that I was in the KOMIKON Journal. And I said, "What?" I saw a comic strip by Lyndon Gregorio and the topic was us, Meganon Comics, won the last indie tiangge top sellers. And I already have my victory cake with me. Hahahaha! The last panel was me sitting on an iron throne look-a-like and a banner that says, "All hail MEGANON" LOL. That really made me laugh. XD Unfortunately, I didn't get a copy of that journal.

The writer of Noodle Boy, Paolo Herras, finally arrived at the event. He was amazed by the number of people in the event! He roamed around for some time and just took my seat in the booth. He was dead tired but really really happy. XD He saw first hand how we do things behind the booth and he was so charmed by the crowd's positive vibe. Nainggit tuloy sya. He told me after that he wants to make a printed version of Noodle Boy. Nothing beats prints I guess.

Sadly, our Mark 9verse47 chapter 8 and Maktan 1521 Chapter 7 didn't make it.  But we still sold a lot of our graphic novels which made us very happy.  And of course, what's KOMIKON without my cake? 8D For the finale, I topped it off with a Red Velvet Cake with White Frosting and Dark Chocolate Disks!



I want to say thank you to the 10 who bought my MAKTAN 1521 Volume one and got my original sketches! 8D Thank you to those who bought our stuff! I bought a lot too. XD

See you next Kon!


--Tepai Pascual.
MAKTAN 1521, MARK 9verse47, NoodleBoy (Neverheard Comics), [MEGANON COMICS group]

--Maika Ezawa.
Mark 9verse47 [MEGANON COMICS group]


No comments:

Post a Comment