June 08, 2012

Exhibit Jitters

Journal Entry #53
06/18/2012



Hi Journal! Tonight is Comics Arthology Night. 

This is the 2nd comic exhibit for Art Asia, which features art related to Komiks, and made by comic artists too. We got invited a few months ago, so this is my first time to be part of it. This is my third group exhibit though, but the first to be held in a mall gallery, and the first time my pieces would be on sale (the first time collectors would actually see my work).  To tell you frankly, I rarely sell my original sketches, since I rarely work on heavy sketches and want to part with it.  I get attached to my sketches, so I don't sell them.  This time, I'm ready to share my stuff to other people who would (maybe) appreciate it enough to bring it home.  

It took several weeks, especially the big one (all CP art).  I haven't worked on something as big (the Nine Years piece was 16x12).  So it took quite a lot of patience, and worked with a deadline in mind.  It was crazy working on it while we were also preparing for the Summer Komikon.  Good thing I wasn't releasing anything new, or else, it would have been impossible for me to work on 2 projects which required focus.  

Yesterday, hubby and I picked up our art pieces from the framers, and delivered them to Art Asia.  Most of the artworks were already there, and we saw Seb (setting up the gallery), Randy,  and Tepai who had just submitted her pieces.  We chatted a bit and looked at the really nice paintings and sculptures around us.  I'm still a little nervous about today, so I'm really hoping somebody would like it.  ^_^;



If not, I'll just hang it on our wall.   Wish us luck! (come visit the gallery soon!) :P 



--Joanah T.C., writer and artist for Point Zero


No comments:

Post a Comment